Sky is the leading pay-TV provider in Germany and Austria with 3.4 million subscribers. Across a selection of more than 70 channels, customers can experience exclusive live sports, blockbuster movies, award-winning series, children’s programming and documentaries. As of 30 April 2013, subscribers can also watch up to 65 channels in brilliant HD quality, including one 3D channel Sky reaches almost every household in Germany and around 91 percent in Austria via satellite, cable and internet. And with Sky Go, the leading over-the-top (OTT) pay-TV service in Germany and Austria, Sky programming is available on a broad range of devices such as the iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and the Xbox 360.
The exclusive program selection of Sky includes current feature films, new series, children’s channels, documentaries and live sports, in particular the matches of the Bundesliga, the DFB-Pokal, the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League. Sky offers the market-leading HD service in Germany and Austria with 65 HD channels (as of 30 April 2013) with a focus on premium sports and films and one 3D channel. With the Sky+ hard disk receiver, Sky customers can enjoy additional benefits such as the video-ondemand service Sky Anytime as well as the ability to record programs through the integrated Sky Guide and pause and rewind live television. Sky also offers its subscribers current blockbusters, live sports programming and adult entertainment on a pay-per-view basis.
Products and Services
Sky customers can choose from a unique range of top-quality programming and decide wherever and whenever they want to enjoy it, with a wide variety of devices to choose from. The Sky brand stands for the best choice of entertainment, and differentiates itself from other services in the market through top quality and exclusivity.
- more live football than any other program provider
- the most attractive live sports offering available in Germany and Austria
- best selection of films on German and Austrian television, without advertising breaks and in original language
- the most comprehensive offering of German and American series, many of which are TV premieres in Germany and Austria
- the highest-quality programming in true HD
- channels for every age group and every family member
- Sky Sport News HD, the first 24/7 sports news channel in Germany and Austria
- the most critically acclaimed series from internationally-renowned provider HBO, the world’s leading premium channel, on Sky Atlantic HD
The Company broadcasts its premium programming comprising over 70 channels, including 20 original channels, 24 hours per day. Sky also offers programming for every family member, including crime, drama and comedy, documentaries and science fiction, as well as German productions and the best children’s programs.
For our current company presentation, please click here.
For further information on subscriber base development and key metrics, please click here.